Make 2018 the year you take your art practice to the next level – for FREE. Join the Creatives Collective Artist Run Initiative (ARI) and get a whole bunch of education, support, and promotion. Come and join us, it’s going to be AWESOME!
What is an ARI?
An artist run initiative is when a group of artists come together and formally agree to work towards a common goal. The Creatives Collective ARI is participating in 12 months of professional development, culminating in a exhibition of the ARI member’s work.
Does it cost anything?
You supply your art supplies and equipment – everything else is provided for FREE.
So what do you get if you join the ARI?
In no particular order –
- Free website with ecommerce facilities
- Free training on how to update website
- Free training on how to promote yourself online
- Free workshops run by professional artists with disability
- Free promotion of your work by your fellow ARI artists
- Warm, loving, support from your peers. This is a safe space.
- Free mentorship by professional artist Paris Norton on how to curate and prepare for exhibition
- Free promotion of your work and profile via local media
- Free exhibition of your work at year’s end
- and more!
What are the requirements to join?
The only requirements are that you make visual art, you can get to Coonabarabran for workshops, and that you identify as experiencing disability. FYI – Creatives Collective subscribes to the social model of disability – if you (or your carers) recognise you are disadvantaged because of external attitudes and environment to your physical/mental self, then you are one of us 🙂
Isn’t that discrimination against able people?
No. We aren’t disadvantaging anyone by having our own peer group ARI.
This sounds great! How do I sign up?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us about you (hurry: there’s limited places) before February 14th, 2018.
Creatives Collective thanks the Regional Arts Fund for support this initiative